Tashlich Tzedakah Food Drive
Time & Location
About The Event
Our group walk, communal songs, and so much more will have to wait for safer times. So this year, Tashlich and TE's monthly Tzedakah collection drive meet again!
You should bring a few things to “drop off.”
- First, bring a small piece of bread from home for Rabbi Koren to bring to a local body of water on behalf of Temple.
- Bring at least one shopping bag filled with nutritious non-perishable food to be donated to the Jewish Family Services (JFS) food pantry.
- Your checkbook to make a donation to be split between hunger relief efforts (Greensboro Urban Ministry) and aiding local immigrants (Temple’s Emergency Relief Fund assisting Faith Action International House clients in need). Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated.
We will have a few things for you to pick up:
- A New Year's Blessing from the Rabbis
- The 2021-5782 Book of the New Year
- A 5782 Calendar
- A small from us to sweeten your New Year
At 3:00 p.m. you can watch a livestream on the Temple Facebook page of the Rabbis tossing the bread into the creek!