Time & Location
About The Event
In this two-session mini-course, students will explore theological topics that have occupied Jewish minds throughout the millennia. We will examine themes and discuss them according to the thinking of important modern philosophers.
In this course we will look at such topics as:
- Revelation: How does God communicate with humanity? How can we understand the meaning of the word “Torah”?
- Redemption: What does Judaism teach about the end of days, coming of the Messiah, and our role in the present in light of those ideas?
- Creation: What does it mean to say that the world is created?
- Ethics: How do we establish what the good means for us as Jews? What is Mussar?
- The People Israel: Who are the Jews, and what is our role in the world? What does it mean to assert that the Jews have a Covenant with God?
Students will be encouraged to engage in conversation with Rabbi Cohen and the writings of a variety of thinkers, actively wrestling with these ideas for the sake of exploring their own faith.
- Course Registration$36$360$0