Sun, Dec 06|
ISRAEL PHILHARMONIC PRE-HANUKKAH GLOBAL CELEBRATION
Featuring music from “The Prince of Egypt,” “The Lion King” and the thriller “Inception”
Time & Location
Dec 06, 2020, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
About The Event
Hans Zimmer is one of Hollywood’s most prolific score composers.
The free event, which streams Sunday, will feature discussions with both Zimmer, who is Jewish, and the Israeli orchestra’s director, Lahav Shani. The group will perform music from “The Prince of Egypt,” “The Lion King” and the thriller “Inception” — just a few of the over 150 films Zimmer has worked on, most of them blockbusters. music from “The Prince of Egypt,” “The Lion King” and the thriller “Inception”
Zimmer, 63, received an award from the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra in 2014 and is described in the event’s news release as a “close friend of the orchestra.”
He didn’t publicly discuss his Jewish identity until an appearance at the 1999 Berlin Film Festival. His mother, who used to visit Israel every year, escaped Germany in 1939. But as he said in 2014: “Quite honestly, I think my parents were always wary of me telling the neighbors.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6pHIMkyXJU&feature=emb_logo
You don’t want to miss this extraordinary program, including:
- *Interviews and performances by Academy Award-winning composer Hans Zimmer
- *The world premiere performance of a custom arrangement of “Time,” from the acclaimed score for Inception, played by Israel Philharmonic Music Director Lahav Shani and Orchestra musicians.
- *Special collaborative rendition of “When You Believe” from The Prince of Egypt with actress and star of Fauda Ronalee Shimon.
- *Message from Grammy and Tony Award-winning actress and singer Bette Midler.
- *Words of inspiration from actress and model Dar Zuzovsky, music producer Kenny Hamilton, and other celebrity guests.
Celebrate with us from the comfort of your home and be uplifted by the unique light that music can bring to the world even in the most challenging times.