Temple Emanuel strives to be a place of Keruv, of closeness to God and Jewish culture.
Temple Emanuel’s mission is to bring its congregants closer to:
- Tikkun Olam: The commitment to repair God’s world through the pursuit of justice;
- Tikkun Nefesh: Personal and spiritual growth as a Jew and as a human being;
- Talmud Torah: Life-long study of Torah and of Jewish history and tradition;
- Am Yisrael: The Jewish people, in Greensboro, the United States, Israel, and worldwide;
- Eretz Yisrael: The land, people, and state of Israel;
- Mishpacha: A sense of extended family through a warm and supportive atmosphere;
- Reform Judaism: Its principles and values.