The Temple Emanuel Sisterhood offers opportunities for all women to build relationships and become more involved in Temple life and the Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ) through education, service and support to each other, the Temple and its committees and projects.
Our membership levels provide an opportunity to support our Sisterhood and the Temple at a higher level, if chosen. Our Sarah Level is $45.00, and the first year is free for new members. Along with this membership is a 5% discount in the Sisterhood Gift Shop.
Through our open, informal meetings, informative and enjoyable programs, lunches, brunches and Ladies’ Nights Out, book and poetry clubs, our financial support of the Temple, Shabbat Mishpachas, Shabbat Kiddushes, Lifecycle Events and our gift shop, our Sisterhood is a welcoming environment for all Temple women to ensure that Temple Emanuel continues to be a vibrant Jewish community.
Without You, We are One Member Short!
Click here to become a member.
For more information, feel free to contact the Temple office at 292-7899.
- We are always looking for volunteers to serve on committees to help our VP’s with their planning. This can be a one project commitment or a year long commitment to a particular committee. You can even be involved in more than one committee! Contact any of the vps listed above to sign up.
- The Programming committee works to program activities throughout the year that are enjoyable for all members of our congregation. The activities are cross generational, vary in days and times and are of interest to all the women of our temple. We have and will continue to have Ladies’ Night Out, Ladies Who Lunch, Book Club, and lavish open meetings with enjoyable programs.
- The Service committee works to help meet the needs of the Temple. We sponsor programs and provide sources of funds to the library. We help with lifecycle events. We also help with some Friday night Kiddushes, we are also available and on call whenever the temple needs us.
- The Membership committee welcomes all new members to our community. They also work to build a large membership base and work to determine the best way to communicate with our members.
- The Ways and Means committee is our fundraising committee. Through fundraising we are able to give back to the temple when the temple is in need of our help. We are also able to support the WRJ. Future fundraisers include our Yard Sale, Flower and Plant Sale, baking classes and a Pot Roast cooking contest.
- Gift Shop-The Temple Emanuel Gift Shop, operated by the Temple Sisterhood, serves the Jewish community and the Greensboro community at large by providing unique Judaic and gift items. Volunteers in the gift shop are an integral part of the success. All volunteers will be provided with training that will enable them to confidently service the customer. We always need gift shop volunteers, if you'd like to help, contact one of our Sisterhood presidents.